Like he mentioned himself and teased about it, Prime Minister Modi is yet again in Tumkur district! The honorable Prime Minister will visit to Karnataka on February 6, 2023. He will first travel to Bengaluru, and from there, he will visit Tumakuru. In his second visit to the state in 2023 and his 4th visit since he is been on power, PM Modi is scheduled to launch a string of developmental initiatives including- inaugurating India Energy Week 2003 at Bengaluru. Giving a big push towards ‘Atmanirbharta’ in India’s defence sector, PM Modi is said to gift the nation with a HAL Helicopter Factory in Tumakuru.
According to the official details released, at around 11:30 am, the Prime Minister will inaugurate the India Energy Week 2023 in Bengaluru. Starting from Feb. 6, the three-day event is a platform to discuss the challenges and opportunities of India’s energy future. Over 30,000 delegates, 1,000 exhibitors, and 500 speakers are said to attend the event. PM Modi will also participate in a roundtable discussion with global oil and gas CEOs during the event and will also launch a number of initiatives in the green energy sector.
The PMO said on Friday, “In line with the ethanol blending roadmap, Prime Minister will launch E20 fuel at 84 retail outlets of Oil Marketing Companies in 11 States/UTs. Prime Minister will also flag off the Green Mobility Rally. The rally will witness participation of vehicles running on green energy sources and will help create public awareness for the green fuels”.
In an effort to phase out the use of single-use plastic, during the event, Prime Minister Modi will launch the uniforms adopted by Indian Oil for retail customer attendants and LPG delivery personnel.
Remarkably, each set of uniform of Indian Oil’s customer attendant will support recycling of around 28 used PET bottles. “Prime Minister will also dedicate the twin-cooktop model of the IndianOil’s Indoor Solar Cooking System and flag-off its commercial roll-out,” the PMO added.
Prime Minister Modi and his ventures in Tumakuru on February 6th!
On the other hand of his visit to Tumakuru, the Prime Minister is also set to lay the foundation stones for two development initiatives in the field of development and drinking water. Under the National Industrial Corridor Development Program, the PM will lay the foundation stone for Tumakuru Industrial Township. Two- in the field of drinking water, PM Modi will lay the foundation stones of two Jal Jeevan Mission projects at Tiptur and Chikkanayakanahalli of Tumakuru district.
The main attraction of PM’s Tumakuru visit will be HAL Factory. The Prime Minister will dedicate the HAL Helicopter Factory to the nation. Raksha Mantri Rajnath Singh and senior officials of the Ministry of Defence will be present on this occasion.
Here is some facts you must know about Tumkur Helicopter Factory
- This dedicated new greenfield facility is also Asia’s largest helicopter manufacturing facility.
- The project will enhance capacity and ecosystem to build more modern helicopters in the categories like- Light Utility Helicopter, Light Combat Helicopters, Civil Advanced Light Helicopters, and Indian Multi-role Helicopter.
- This facility will enable India to meet its entire requirement of helicopters indigenously.
- This unit will attain the distinction of enabling self-reliance in helicopter design, development, and manufacture in India.
- The Greenfield Helicopter factory is spread across 615 acres.
- The Light Utility Helicopters will be manufactured here in this factory.
- The Factory is well equipped with Heli-runway, flight hangar, and air traffic control.
- This will offer one-stop solutions for helicopter repair and maintenance also.
- The plant will initially manufacture 30 helicopters per year. Going forward government has a plan to increase the production to 60 helicopters and then 90 helicopters per year.
- HAL Factory in Tumakuru will generate direct and indirect employment for more than 5000 people.